Applications are open for Facebook Community Accelerator Program 2021. Moreover, this program intends to help leaders harness the power of their community to turn impactful ideas into action.
- Training & Coaching: Learn how to organize and strengthen your community through custom training, one-on-one coaching and meaningful partnerships.
- Access to New Products: Get early access to new products aimed at helping you manage and activate your community.
- Funding: Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to offer you up to $50k USD to help fund your community’s initiatives, with a subset of communities eligible to receive part of $1 million USD in additional funding.
Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to fund participants’ project plans & to help set them up for success in the program. Selected participants will each receive up to $50k USD for their participation in the program and to fund their community initiatives during the eight-month program and could be eligible to receive part of the $1 million USD of additional funding available to further fund their community initiatives. Moreover, an award up to $7.5 million USD will be awarded to program participants in total.
- Facebook Community Accelerator Program is open to communities that have a presence in Facebook Groups with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, United States, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco & India. Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 1,000 members.
- The program will also be conducted in Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico & Argentina), German (Germany, Switzerland & Austria) and English for all the other markets.
- Participants of the 2020 Community Accelerator are not eligible to apply. Participants in other Facebook programs are welcome to apply as long as they meet the program requirements.
- Vibrant Community: An existing community using Facebook Groups that has an engaged member base and has existed for over one year.
- Purpose: The community and it’s leadership team has a clear purpose and vision.
- Capacity: A team that has the capacity to create meaningful initiatives that activate their members.
- Leadership: The leader(s) of the community have leadership experience, including managing teams, projects and volunteers.
- Sustainability: The community is interested in having or already has a business model to cover their costs, even if it isn’t recurring revenue.
- Commitment: A team that is committed to engage fully in each stage of the program.
- Real World Impact: The community rallies together to turn impactful ideas into action that benefit its members and larger society.