She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) who are building successful and sustainable businesses with the potential to make a difference in their societies. It is a practical and hands-on leadership training based on real business experiences and collaborative learning. The programme provides tangible tools, insights and connections for participants who want to grow their businesses and develop both as entrepreneurs and as leaders. The programme runs over four months with two separate assemblies (modules) taking place in the city of Stockholm – one of Europe’s leading hubs for entrepreneurs.
- The opportunity to plan and strategize for applicants business in an inspiring and collaborative learning environment.
- Regular support and input through sessions with expert mentors on an individual level as well as through group coaching.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, communication, sales, branding, business innovation, growing through partnerships, finance and funding
- New perspectives on responsible and sustainable business practices from a social and an environmental perspective, as well as tangible tools for measuring your value creation.
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and a deepened understanding of how to build effective and motivated teams.
- A strong and active network of like minded women entrepreneurs.
Applicants are welcome to submit their application if they are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 22 and 45 with a business that:
- is already operational;
- has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- is based in Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco or Palestine.
In addition, applicants should:
- have a proficient command of both written and spoken English;
- be willing to pay it forward by contributing at least two hours of pro bono mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in applicants home country during the programme.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
How to Apply: Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the She Entrepreneurs 2019 application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of one reference person
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a photo (not compulsory)