Young Sustainable Impact (YSI)’s only goal is to create a measurable impact through breakthrough solutions, for sustainability. They only look for individuals that are great at something, and passionate about some area in the world. They group together individuals from different countries, based on similarity in interest, vision, and passion. They also look at the diversity in skills and background, to ensure that applicants have the capability of building something real. To top this off, they allow the team to bring in a fourth team member during the program if they need a programmer, designer, engineer, and so forth.
- Education: By using www.novoed.com YSI have their own curriculum to assist people in almost every aspect of creating a startup from scratch. Candidates will also get webinars by professionals, discussion groups, and a library full of knowledge, tools, and methods.
- Fully funded trip to Norway: After working online for 4,5 months, candidates will be flown into Oslo, Norway. YSI will house them for two weeks, where YSI will have an accelerator to boost candidates startup. There will be cool events, parties, hangouts, sightseeing, and time to stroll around the city.
- Network and Mentors: Through YSI Partners and professional network, they have a vast amount of experts to help out throughout the program.
- Money and Access: To ensure that candidates get to create their product, or at least something tangible to test with, they can apply for grants to their startup with a record speed of 24 hours answer. This is only for YSI Global innovation teams.
- Community: YSI’s community, Earthpreneurs, is a group of people that aim to make sustainability business as usual. This is a group of people that are willing to help each other out, and when candidates are in YSI, they have an even better access to this community.
- World Class Team: There are around 10.000 applicants every year to YSI program. Only 21 people get in, which means that candidate will get one of the best teams in the world.
The people YSI are looking for should recognize themselves in these sentences:
- 16-28-year-old people
- All countries are welcome to apply
- People with 15-35 hours to use every week from April-August.
- Dedicated people with a real drive for solving complex problems.
- People who are willing to make time and want to create a real startup.
- People with a proven track record of excellence in resilience, drive, and who are passionately able to use their skills and knowledge towards a project of any kind.
- Open minded people who are willing to understand different walks of life, see things in a new perspective, and with an intention of creating a positive impact.
- People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, and bold enough to actually do it.
- People who don’t get discouraged by creating a startup remotely with new people from different continents.
- People who can make decisions and keep their cool under extreme uncertainty.