Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneurs (IBYE) is a programme run by the 31 Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) with the support of the Department of Enterprise and Innovation and Enterprise Ireland. Moreover, IBYE is a nationwide competition, run across three categories: Best Business Idea, Best Start-Up Business and Best Established Business. Furthermore, the LEOs invites up to 450 young entrepreneurs to attend free regional ‘Entrepreneur Bootcamps’ later in the year to help them develop their business and new venture ideas.
- There is a €2 Million Investment Fund
- Also, €50,000 Investment Fund available from applicants Local Enterprise Office to invest in the 3 Category Winners and three runner-up winners.
- €100,000 Investment Fund available for the overall National Category Winners as well as
- County Finalists will enter into a specialised Entrepreneur Bootcamp to help develop their business or business idea.
- Aged between 18 (at date of application) and 35 (at 31st December 2019).
- Also, applicants under age 18 at closing date for applications are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be the main promoter and owner of the business i.e. the applicant must have started or acquired the business and currently have the lead role in the business and a significant shareholding/ownership in the business.
- And, applicants from overseas are eligible to apply. Overseas applicants must identify which LEO they wish to associate with and the applicant must be in a position to engage with the LEO in relation to evaluating their competition entry. Also, be eligible to own and operate a business in Ireland at the time of application.
- Eligibility for the Best-Established category starts from the closing date for applications i.e. 15thMarch 2019.
- Applicants must own, control and manage their business Intellectual Property where applicable.
- Not for profit and social entrepreneurship applicants must operate on a commercial basis.
- Also, previous 1st Place winners of IBYE at County or National level are not eligible from applying in the same category in any County.
- Applicants must submit an online application and optional video by the closing date of the 15thMarch 2019.
- Applicants can only enter the competition under one category-one project submission per applicant only