Student Entrepreneurship Week prides itself as an explosive alternative education forum. Where students and aspiring entrepreneurs access actionable. Further, experiential knowledge and tools for building sustainable businesses. The event also creates platforms for: Showcasing undiscovered talents, quality networking, and funding.
Moreover, The inaugural edition was held at British Council Accra with over 400 participants. With speakers coming from Silicon Valley, the U.K, Nigeria, and Ghana. This Pan-African edition is organized on the theme “unlocking the potentials of young Africans for job creation.” Further, They have reputable investors looking to invest up to $10k in high-potential, youth-led businesses. The event will also witness the launch of the Student Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Further, which will recognize the work of selected young innovators on the continent.
- As you learn how to create a real company and build a career, you will meet the very best mentors. Some being, investors, startup entrepreneurs, corporate professionals, diplomats, and community leaders who are ready to help you. This is where you belong, start your application now!
- Startups have both the opportunity to exhibit their solutions, win cool prizes and pitch their projects to internationally renowned actors in the African tech community, including high-level investors and diplomats.
Applicants for Student Entrepreneurship Week Africa:
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded, co-founded or intends to found/lead their own venture. Also, initiative and address one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the program – including the one-on-one investor pitch session.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young innovators and also, be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Should be able to take care of their transportation and other logistics like accommodation and in-country transportation. We are unable to accept candidates that cannot finance their travel and accommodation logistics.
- Should be able to pay a subsidized participation fee of $30.