viVisa’s Everywhere Initiative 2018 (Win up to USD 50,000)
Visa’s Everywhere Initiative is a global open innovation program tapping into startup communities to drive regional business objectives, curate the startup ecosystem for Visa clients and accelerate bigger and bolder ideas, enriching consumer experience. Participate in Visa’s ideation for a chance to win up to 50 000 USD and a chance to have a support development program with Visa.
- Brief 1: To move away from cash on delivery (COD) culture for ecommerce in Africa.
How can your startup leverage Visa Developer APIs to either: Enable smaller merchants to accept payments in-store digitally OR Provide a safe and secure solution for online merchants to drive eCommerce and reduce cash on delivery?
- Brief 2: Leveraging partner social media platforms like FaceBook to create amazing bank to business onboarding user journeys in order to remotely enable businesses to accept digital payments.
How can your company use Visa’s APIs to leverage mass reach partner platforms like Facebook to help businesses operating in fast-paced consumer centric environments improve cash flow and receive payments?
- Brief 3: Driving Financial Inclusion
How can your startup leverage technology to provide services that are functional for illiterate customers to provide them with secure transaction experiences that build and enhance their confidence in the banking system?
- 3 winners of 25 000 usd each.
- Each Company selected as a Brief Winner will be awarded $25,000 DOLLARS. If Visa determines in its sole discretion that a Brief Winner has created a standout solution, Visa may provide further investment and mentoring support to that Brief Winner, subject to the parties agreeing a suitable development program and additional terms for the investment.
If you are invited to present at the Event as a finalist, Visa will pay for your reasonable travel costs to and from the Event and your reasonable accommodation costs and other reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the Event provided that these costs are agreed in advance. You will be responsible for obtaining any required visa or travel documents needed to attend the event.
- You may only register for the opportunity to participate in the Initiative if you are a company incorporated or registered to do business in the Sub-saharan Africa at the time of registration
- All participants from your Company are at least 18 years old at the time of registration (or at least the age of majority in your/their jurisdiction of residence.
- In addition, employees of Visa or its designee(s) are not be eligible to submit a solution or participate in the Initiative.
- Visa may request valid proof of eligibility, including with respect to identity, corporate organisation, age and other relevant documentation, and may disqualify a participant at any time without notice for any reason, including, without limitation, if Visa determines (in its sole discretion) that the provided proof is not sufficient or the participant does not otherwise meet the Initiative’s eligibility criteria, or the participant fails to comply with these Terms or attempts in any way to disrupt or undermine the Initiative or to circumvent any of these Terms.
- You are not required to make any purchase or pay any fee to register, participate, or receive an award or other recognition in the Initiative nor will you be required to make available any ownership or equity stake in your Company to participate in this Initiative. However, you and your Company (if applicable) are responsible for all expenses you may choose to incur in the course of developing your solution.