Applications call for Alibaba eFounders Fellowship 2020
The eFounders Fellowship program provides first-hand exposure to eCommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all. Furthermore, the eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
- The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success.
- The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development).
- Furthermore, an understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem.
Alibaba welcomes candidates and entrepreneurs who are
- Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the ‘new economy’.
- Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit.
- Mission-driven and have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision, and drive.
- Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
- Candidates be a full-time founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- The venture must be headquartered, located in or operates in one of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa.
- Candidates must provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow preferred).
- Similarly, they should provide their official business license when requested during the application process.
- Alibaba strongly encourages applications from entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals.
The Alibaba eFounders Fellowship program covers the following expenses of the candidate
- Hotel accommodation(shared room).
- Training materials and training session costs.
- Field trips and site visit transportation costs as well as small daily living allowance of 30 RMB/day.
The last day to submit an application is 27th March 2020.