The application for an Arabic exchange teacher is open now. The Teachers of Critical Languages Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and implemented by American Councils for International Education in cooperation with AMIDEAST in Egypt and the Moroccan-American Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange in Morocco.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender. Competition for the TCLP is merit-based and open to anyone who has the following qualifications
- A citizen of Egypt or Morocco who currently resides in their country of citizenship (Egypt or Morocco).
- Currently a full-time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Arabic as a Foreign
- Language in a primary or secondary (K-12) school in Egypt or Morocco.
- At the time of application has at least four years of full-time classroom teaching experience.
- Prepared to teach for the entire U.S. academic year with leave time limited to school breaks.
- A firm understanding of Modern Standard Arabic (fus’ha).
- At least a bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program as well as proficient in written and spoken English.
TCLP Arabic Exchange Teachers is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), U.S. Department of State and provides
- J-1 visa support as well as a pre-departure orientation held in the participant’s home country.
- Round-trip travel from each participant’s home country to and within the U.S.
- A nine-day welcome orientation in Washington, DC. Also, an approximate 10.5-month teaching assignment in a U.S. host school.
- Professional development workshops.
- Accident and sickness insurance (does not cover pre-existing conditions).
- Assistance with finding housing, generally arranged by the U.S. host school/educational community.
- Living stipend of approximately $20,000 for the duration of the 10.5-month teaching assignment.
- Furthermore, housing in the form of a monthly housing allowance for the duration of the program, calculated based on average housing prices for the assigned host community.
- To be considered for the Arabic Exchange Teachers Program, please submit a complete application online.
- Incomplete applications or items submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Unless otherwise noted, please answer all questions in English.
- If a required question does not apply to you, please enter N/A (not applicable).
- There is a limit of three (3) attachments per applicable question; if more than three are submitted, the application may be disqualified.
- Additional materials (such as student work or hand-outs) should NOT be included.
- Materials that require technical equipment (such as audio or videotapes) will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here