Applications are open for BeChangeMaker Africa 2021. It is a Social Entrepreneurship Acceleration Programme that develops skills to make your business idea a reality.
The BeChangeMaker (BCM) is a joint project funded, initiated, and implemented by WorldSkills International, the HP Foundation, and the African Union. The BeChangeMaker Africa is a series of social entrepreneurial skill training projects that enable youth with skills and great ideas to explore their career potential as a social entrepreneur. The participants are made up of young people who are between 18 to 35 years old and are receiving or have finished general or vocational education and training.
- The top five teams will each receive EUR 1,000 worth of customized post-programme coaching.
- Additionally, the top three teams from the pitch finale will each receive EURO 2,000 cash award.
To be eligible to enter the BeChangeMaker Africa, the participants must
- Be from 18 to 35 years old,
- Be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation.
- Join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum).
- Be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained.
- WorldSkills International, the HP Foundation, and the African Union are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges
- Form a team – Step 1: Form a team of two to five people who share the same vision, are between 18 and 35 years old, and choose a team leader.
- Share your challenge – Step 2: Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a 1-minute video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and include the link in your online application.
- Submit your application – Step 3: Fill out the application form. The team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team before 26 July. Please make sure that each of the team members has read and agreed to the Official Rules and created an account on HP LIFE to access the free courses before submitting the application.
- Team will be selected – Step 4: 30 teams will be selected to officially join the programme. The announcement will be made on 6 August.
- Get ready – Step 5: The programme will kick off on 13 August with an orientation for the exciting three months of intensive and engaging training.