Applications call for Breakthrough Junior Challenge 2020.
The Breakthrough Junior Challenge is an annual global competition for students to inspire creative thinking about science. Students ages 13 to 18 from countries across the globe are invited to create and submit original videos (3:00 minutes in length maximum) that bring to life a concept or theory in the life sciences, physics, or mathematics. This year, there is an additional COVID-19 category. The submissions are judged on the student’s ability to communicate complex scientific ideas in engaging, illuminating, and imaginative ways. The Challenge is organized by the Breakthrough Prize Foundation.
- $250,000 Post-secondary Scholarship
- $50,000 Prize for teacher
- $100,000 Breakthrough Science Lab
- Subject to the limitations set out herein, individuals between the ages of 13 and 18 may participate.
- Candidates must be 13 years of age by April 1 at 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time (”PDT”) to participate in the Competition, and they cannot be older than 18 years of age (not yet 19) on October 1, 2020, at 11:59 PM PDT.
- If candidates are minor, candidates must have their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter.
- The parent or legal guardian must agree, on their behalf and on his or her own behalf, to follow and be bound by these RULES and warrant that they are eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Candidates cannot reside in nor be governed by countries that are prohibited by law, regulation (including United States laws and regulations or other applicable export laws and regulations), treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations (including export of technology) with the United States of America or its citizens.
Entries that are submitted in connection with the Competition will only be eligible if such Entries
- Are in English, including all scripts and voiceovers.
- Do not contain content that is unlawful (including any infringement or potential infringement of Intellectual Property Rights), hateful or obscene, in the Competition Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Do not include any other identifiable individual other than the individual participant unless prior express consent is obtained from such individual or such images are in the public domain.
- The Competition Sponsor will allow only those entries that meet all of these criteria, in the sole discretion of the Competition Sponsor.
Visit this link for more information