DAAD Summer Exchange Program
This program provides scholarships to attend a broad range of three- to four-week summer courses at German universities which focus mainly on German language and literary, cultural, political and economic aspects of modern and contemporary Germany. Extensive extracurricular programs complement and reinforce the core material.
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Neither graduates holding a Master’s degree nor PhD students are eligible for this programme.
What can be funded?
- The programme funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language / terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools. You can find information on the courses under www.daad.de/hsk-kursliste
- The courses are taught exclusively in German.
Duration of the funding
- The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week.
- The grants are non-renewable.
- The courses usually take place in the period from June to December.
- One-off scholarship payment of 850 euros; participants from the countries defined by the “OECD-DAC-List” (Least Developed Countries) receive a scholarship of 1,025 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see: travel allowance)
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Please note: Course fees and accommodation expenses are usually deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language course provider so that the grant holder is possibly paid only the difference to the full amount of the scholarship by the course provider.
- A selection committee reviews applications
- The most important selection criteria are:
– previous academic achievements
– convincing arguments for choice of study programme and subject
– knowledge of German
Official Link: https://www.daad.org/summercourse
Deadline: 1st December, 2016