Calls for DIES UNILEAD Course 2021, DIES Univerity Leadership Management and Training Program
Young managers at higher education institutions in developing countries can now apply for the DIES UNILEAD course offered by the University of Oldenburg in 2021. The course brings together the topics Project Management, Strategic Management & Academic Leadership, and Human Resource Management with individual and practice-oriented change projects of each participant.
DIES UNILEAD Course focuses on three key areas:
- Project Management: This includes courses on the Methodology of Project Management and Financial Management in Projects.
- Strategic Management & Academic Leadership: This includes courses of theoretical basics and practical tools for the Development and Implementation of Strategic Management and Acquisition of Competences in the area of Leadership.
- Human Resource Management: This includes courses on Instruments of Human Resource Development, Conflict Management and Communication.
Candidates must have active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing). Phone interviews will be organized with shortlisted candidates to guarantee the requested proficiency. In addition to that, ideal applicants should be holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities no longer than 4 years in one of the following fields:
- Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education; excluding academic units such as Deans, Vice Deans, Head of Department).
- Taskforce managers for university reform projects.
- Managers of staff development units or programs.
- Applicants are university leaders preferably between 30 and 40 years.
- Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
- The provision of international experience will be an asset.
Participants from higher education institutions of the following countries are eligible to apply:
- South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, and Peru.
- Middle East and Northern Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, and Tunisia.