Applications are open for the Fully Funded ICYF Training Camp from 15–21 September 2019 & 23–29 September 2019 in Samsun, Turkey. The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey and Anadolu Agency, will organize an international youth media camp which will expose youth from OIC Member States to learning about journalism, and current media global issues.
- Enhancing youth media capacity and participation;
- Explore the interconnections between media and societal (in)tolerance, especially with regards to immigrants and refugees;
- Identify possible media work directions and strategies reflecting participants’ social realities;
- Understand and evaluate the reliability of journalistic craft (e.g. non-biased reporting, usage of proper sources);
- Explore youth media participation in culturally diverse societies;
- Strengthen youth connection to heritage, language, culture, and identity through media;
- Round trip travel expenses from his/her country of residence to the camp venue in Samsun will be covered.
- Participants’ Visa Fee will be covered.
- Medical & Travel insurance will be covered.
- Host organizers will cover domestic transportation, accommodation, food and other relevant costs related of local hospitality.
The final selection will be made by the organizing team. Applicant should meet the following criteria:
- citizen of an OIC Member State or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
- ability to communicate in English
- Age between 18–35
- media background (study, work experience or interest)
- involved in/or have coordinated media related project
- active in the service and development of the community
- the leader with impact in his/her local community
- commitment to attending the full course of the media camp