DAAD is offering University Summer Courses for foreign students and graduates. The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week
This scholarship programme aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
What can be funded?
- The programme funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language / terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
- You can find out about course providers and programmes on the DAAD website
- The courses are taught exclusively in German.
Duration of the funding
- The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week.
- The grants are non-renewable.
- The courses usually take place in the period from June to December.
- One-off scholarship payment of 950 euros; scholarship holders from “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship of 1,125 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see: travel allowance)
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover