The applications for the Fully Funded Vulcanus in Japan for the year 2020 have opened.
Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The program consists of industrial placements for EU/ COSME students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in the EU Member States. Additionally, this program is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course as well as and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company
The candidates will receive the following advantages fro, the Fully Funded Vulcanus in Japan
- The EU/ COSME students will receive a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan.
- In addition to that, there is no charge for the language course and seminar, and the organizers provide the accommodation free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
The objectives of the Fully Funded Vulcanus (training program) are as follows
- The applicants can study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- In addition to that, they can learn Japanese and understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- Furthermore, the candidates will be well placed in their future/ career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
- The candidates must be a citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME partnering country.
- Also, they must be a student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME university enrolled –at the moment of application– in between the 4th official year of university studies (3 undergraduate + 1 and the penultimate year of Ph.D.)
- Additionally, they should be able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the program
There are separate criteria for British applications.
- They must be aware that they must comply with the eligibility criteria for the entire duration of the grant.
- Also, if the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, the applicants will cease to receive EU funding.
Eligible Regions: EU Member-State or COSME partnering countries
For more details about the program, visit the official site.