The Emerging Producers Bursary Program offers up-and-coming producers working in science, history, and non-fiction media a range of financial support for accreditation, travel and accommodation for the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP).
Recipients will have access to the event’s industry intelligence and professional development opportunities, including guaranteed meetings and networking opportunities with the top producers and commissioning editors in the industry.
The goal of the program is to welcome and represent diverse talent at all career stages, and encourage a new generation of Congress members. Producers and content creators working in all science and non-fiction media are encouraged to apply including those working in digital media, social media and gaming.
Eligibility & Guidelines
- Any producer or content creator under the age of 35 may apply for the bursary. Exceptions will be made for producers and content creators who have undergone a career change. Please self-identify in your application.
- For Tier 1 bursaries, priority will be given to applicants from outside the WCSFP’s traditional attendance base (i.e. outside of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA).
- The Emerging Producer Bursary Program welcomes underrepresented voices and encourages applications from across all cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience working in the science, history or factual genres in one of the following roles: executive producer, producer, associate producer, assistant producer, or digital, gaming or social media content creator.
- A one-page application statement detailing the applicant’s involvement in science, history or non-fiction media, including a description of his/her most recent project and his/her goals for attending Congress. The letter must include an indication of which tier of support is requested.
- CV and short bio that outlines the applicant’s experience as a producer.
- A scanned copy of a government issued piece of identification that provides date of birth.
- A letter of support from a broadcaster or senior producer. In lieu of a letter of support digital media content creators may submit a letter detailing their audience reach, including information on how they interact with their audiences and numbers indicating their audience and social media reach.
- Links to the applicants previous work. Please indicate your role on the supporting footage.