The Summer Schools offer Czech language courses at various levels of proficiency, seminars on the Czech literature, culture and history, free-time activities including theatrical, musical and dance performances, trips etc. Moreover, the courses are held during the summer months (July – September), their length ranges from 3 to 4 weeks depending on the course content determined by each Summer School.
Furthermore, the Summer Schools of Slavonic Studies offering intensive Czech language courses are organised by several public universities in the Czech Republic:
- Charles University (Faculty of Arts, Prague),
- Also, Charles University Institute for Language and Preparatory Studies, Poděbrady,
- Masaryk University (Faculty of Arts, Brno),
- Also, Palacký University in Olomouc (Faculty of Arts, Olomouc),
- University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice (Faculty of Arts, České Budějovice), and
- Also, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen
- Free board and lodging (incl. breakfast, lunch and dinner),
- Also, Coverage of course fees, incl. study materials,
- Free access to cultural events, trips organized within a Summer School course,
- Selected Summer Schools cover also public transport within the city (please consult the contact person or webpage of the Summer School).
Scholarship does not include:
- International transport costs,
- Costs connected to Visa issuance,
- Insurance costs.
- Summer School of Slavonic Studies are for foreign students, professionals (teachers, translators, interpreters) and academics from the field of Czech/Slavonic studies, who have turned 18.
- The courses are also open to anyone who have interest in the Czech language, literature, history, and culture.
- The applicant has to turn 18 no later than the first day of the Summer School’s beginning, otherwise, his/her application cannot be accepted.
Application should contain a Curriculum Vitae written in Czech or English. The competent receiving authority may require other documents (such as cover letter, certificate on language skills etc..). The deadline is set by the institution receiving scholarship applications, all nominations should reach the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport by 31st March 2019.