G17 University Ambassadors Consortium || Apply Now
G17 University Ambassadors Consortium is a global undergraduate program initiated by the Road to Rights organization with its ultimate vision to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development within the university community. Therefore, this will be on progress up until 2030 under the decade of action where every year G17 will recognize 17 individuals from each university to become young Ambassadors through a one year long experiential leadership program with its various activities. G17 is dedicated towards empowering university undergraduates on Sustainable Development Goals to become the next generation of young professionals and make SDGs a reality through its four pillars: Capacity Building, Leadership, Policy Advocacy, and Action.
ABOUT THE ROLE
G17 Country Chairperson of G17 University Ambassadors Consortium is responsible for the administration, governance, networking, engagement and external representation of the consortium within the country.
Duration of the Position: 12 months, and a 3 month transition period
Start Date: 1st January 2022
Compensation: Voluntary (not-paid)
Report to – The Founder, The International Leadership Council of the Road to Rights, The Regional Coordinator
Work With – The Founder, The International Leadership Council of the Road to Rights, The Regional Coordinators, Country Chairpersons, University Coordinators, University Ambassadors
Workplace – Virtual and Physical (Accordingly)
Commitment – Approximately 15 hours per week
- Manage and oversee the Vice Chairpersons, Executive Committee, University Coordinators, Ambassadors and the entire G17 University Ambassadors Consortium in the country.
- Develop, execute, and monitor the development and execution of strategic plans for G17 University Ambassadors Consortium.
- Ensure that accountability and transparency of the G17 community and work are maintained.
- Ensure that the entire G17 community is results oriented and meet the expected outcomes.
- Initiate training sessions, workshops, capacity building sessions and meetings to the memberbase according to the requirement.
- Provide regular updates on the progress to the leadership council, advisors and stakeholders when required.
- Set innovative strategies in order to maintain the brand visibility of G17 University Ambassadors Consortium including reporting.
- Set up policies and protocols together with advisors, mentors and leadership council in order to maintain the quality and sustainability of the consortium.
- Ensure that the G17 member base obey and adhere to the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with fellow chairpersons, regional coordinators in order to strengthen and develop the consortium.
- Network and engage with like-minded institutes, universities and academia in order to strengthen the consortium.
- Strategize the process of identifying, building and maintaining sustainable and effective international relations and external partnerships.
- Represent G17 University Ambassadors Consortium at external affairs including Universities and stakeholders when required.
- Applicant should be an undergraduate or a recent graduate.
- Applicant must have previous experience in working in a youth organization in terms of project management, community mobilization, and partnership development.
- Applicant should possess basic knowledge on SDGs, Human Rights, climate action, and be passionate about the objectives of G17 University Ambassadors Consortium.
- Applicant must have excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Applicant must be able to devote sufficient time to this position, and having too many conflicting obligations may result in rejection.
- Having knowledge and experience in working with Google Applications is mandatory.
- Applicant must be self-motivated, creative, innovative and have the ability to overcome problems.
- Honesty, Loyalty and Decorum
- Outstanding Oral and Written Communication
- Team Player with Excellent Interpersonal
- Resilient Leadership
- Conflict Management
- Community Mobilization
- Global exposure.
- Acceleration to perform outstandingly in the career path.
- Opportunity to lead and guide a group of diversified future potential young professionals.
- Opportunity to work with professionals, stakeholders, universities and like-minded institutes.
- Experience of practical leadership and organizational work.
- Develop a deep understanding on SDGs, insights including most crosscutting local and global issues.
- Professional experience on a wide range of transferable skills such as social media campaigns, fundraising, events management, public speaking, communication and advocacy, critical thinking.
- Opportunities to speak up for youth, network, build friendships, and develop professional partnership with local, regional & international partners.
- Letter of Completion and recommendation letters based on performances including Awards and social Recognitions.
- Self Satisfaction.