Global Youth Network calls applications or African Youth Camp 2020. The African Youth Camp is an experiential learning program designed for young people from different corners of Africa. It highlights cross-cultural exchange, self-exploration, leadership development, global friendship, collaboration, and youth empowerment. Moreover, the camp will together more than 200 youth leaders and youth workers from a wide range of ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds from Africa. The Global Youth Network Africa Youth Camp 2020 runs from Thursday, 4th – Monday 8th June 2020 on Accra, Ghana.
The camp aims the development of competences of youth workers and exchange of practices of youth NGOs, social change agents, emerging leaders, and young entrepreneurs. In addition to that, the program presents an opportunity for holistic self-development, and leadership training through lectures, seminars, workshops, dialogues, and team-building activities related to the Sustainable development goals (SDGs), entrepreneurship, personal development, and leadership.
The candidates must have the following qualifications and features to participate in Global Youth Network Africa Youth Camp
- Should be of ages between 18 and 35 years and must be a citizen of an African Country
- Ability to fund their international travel cost and camp fees.
- Demonstrate experience and strong capacity in community service and youth development.
- Furthermore, interested in leadership and entrepreneurship for Africa’s sustainable development.
- International exposure and an opportunity to network and interact with global leaders and like-minded young activists. An opportunity to become a member of the Global Youth Network.
- Opportunity to expand their horizon and develop their leadership and social skills through group activities.
- Get the chance to engage with other young people from various backgrounds as well as expert sessions on relevant topics.
- Funded fun trips to tourist sites in Ghana and also camp materials and Certificate of Participation.
- Regular: $250 covers registration, shared accommodation (2 per room), ground transportation, fun trips, conference materials as well as meals for the duration of the camp.
- Premium: $350 covers registration, accommodation (single), ground transportation, fun trips, conference materials as well as meals for the duration of the camp.
- Resident Ghanaians: GH ₵1,000 covers registration, shared accommodation, ground transportation, fun trips, conference materials as well as meals for the duration of the camp.
- Non-Resident Ghanaians: GH ₵500 covers registration, ground transportation, fun trips, conference materials as well as meals for the duration of the camp.
Click this link for more information.