Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) calls for applications for GrEYAP Green Economy Youth Activation Programme 2021. This program is open to youth entrepreneurs engaged in forestry, agroforestry, and forest product value chains. GrEYAP Green Economy Youth Activation Programme 2021 is for Youth Entrepreneur (individuals or Groups) aged 18 to 35 years.
Moreover, KCIC offers incubation, capacity building, and financing options to new, small and medium business ventures and Kenyan entrepreneurs that are developing innovations to address the challenges of climate change. It also provides holistic and country-driven support to accelerate the development, development, and transfer of locally relevant climate technologies.
Engaged in the following activities:
- Demonstrating sustainable practices in forest management and tree harvesting to build resilient forests.
- Use of technologies to grow and monitor forest coverage that reduces deforestation and degradation.
- Innovative best practices in agroforestry (includes fruit trees) that enhance agricultural landscape resiliency, facilitate species movement to more favorable conditions, sequestering carbon, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Commercial tree nurseries and seeds production facilities as well as efficient production, processing, and use of wood raw material.
- Innovation: The applicant must demonstrate that the business/concept is innovative in the way it addresses an identified problem in the market. Innovation can be in product, process, distribution or organizational.
- Impact: Entrepreneurs ability to meet the project’s targets e.g. (CO2 reduction, job creation/skills transfer, increased food security, forestry value chain contribution, soil conservation, sustainable chemical use, water conservation, environmental conservation)
- Feasibility: Whether is the business/concept is feasible from a technical and business perspective. The analysis will have to be in-depth taking note of industry trends; and other market dynamics that will determine whether the business has to scale up ability or not.
- Progress to date: Entrepreneurs should have made some progress and shown commitment to their innovation prior to being accepted as a client.
- Gender: At least 20 of the enterprises selected must be owned (majority ownership) /led/operated by females. For groups, the majority of the members must be women to qualify as women-led.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here