Motivated undergraduate and Master’s students, as well as early PhD candidates, are invited to submit their applications. Applications are accepted until August 16. We will review applications as they arrive on a rolling basis. Once we receive your application, we will notify you within three working days whether the application was successful or not. Individuals interested in participating in the IAPSS Summer School 2018 are requested to submit a written application containing (1) your CV, (2) a letter of motivation (1 page). Your letter of motivation should state at least (a) your previous experiences with the topic, (b) your motivation for joining this Summer School, and (c) how this Summer School would contribute to your development. Be creative! Please note that the application process is competitive due to a limited number of tickets. Decision on admission is mainly based on the motivation letter, which is why we encourage applicants to put a special emphasis on this document.
What can Participants Expect?
● An academically challenging program consisting of lectures, seminars and hands-on workshops in a highly interactive and vibrant setting contributing to the personal and academic development of each participant.
● Discussing and debating with a range of experts in the field of Migration as well as getting first-hand insights on their current research and teaching methods; also featuring so-called research surgeries, which include exclusive one on one meetings with our guest professors and workshop conductors to discuss your own research proposals for term papers or dissertation.
● Meeting fellow students from all over the world interested in a joint multi-perspective examination of the topics addressed.
● Participation in working groups according to the specific interest of each participant in order to work on a small-scale group project before, during and after the Summer School. The working groups will work on a fixed topic and present their progress during the last day of the event to fellow participants. This enables the participants to find academic exchange and allows them to share their knowledge and ideas with other participants. Each working group also has the opportunity to publish an academic article in our peer-reviewed flagship journal POLITIKON, if the entire group or individuals are interested in doing so.
● Access to a fully-fledged eLearning platform with key readings for the school and beyond, but also additional facts, figures and slides provided.
● Exploring Nice and surroundings as well as a variety of social events (incl. documentary screenings, common lunches, reading circles and informal get togethers).
● What else to expect? Much more!