The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program is meant to foster a worldwide community of shared interests and values developed through better mutual affection via first-hand participation of highschool students from countries with significant Muslim populations within the school year or semester exchanges to the US. The program seeks to pick students with leadership potential, to develop their leadership skills while within the U.S., and to support them in alumni activities after they return home.
Annually, World Learning places approximately 8-10 of the 1,000 high school students, who have the chance to measure within USA with American host families and attend high school during the tutorial year.
The YES Program gives the chance to active and accomplished students, with significant achievements, both academic and non-academic, and coming from families with economic limitations. This program encourages students with disabilities to use (blind/visually impaired, deaf, mute, and physically disabled), also as students from areas outside of our 20 Chapters and areas outside of Java.
The YES Program gives you a chance to develop your personal skills, also as your leadership skill. This program also gives you a chance to be an envoy of peace and friendship between Indonesia and therefore the US, by bridging mutual affection between American and Indonesian communities, and acknowledging each other’s life and culture.
During the program, you’ll attend American highschool and accept American family with various backgrounds, spread through all states within the US. you’ll experience and study life within the US and getting an opportunity to interact directly together with your community through enrichment activities arranged by the program.
Benefits of Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange Program
YES Program provides:
- US Visa.
- International travel between the home country and therefore the US, including just one, checked luggage.
- Domestic travels:
a. From and to your hometown, for a visa interview at the US Consulate & Embassy.
b. From and to your hometown, for Orientation and Reorientation.
c. From and to your host town within the US.
- Placement during a host family and US high school.
- Orientations in the home country and within the US (Pre-Departure Orientation, Arrival, Mid-Year, End of Stay, and Reorientation).
- Program enrichment activities.
- Medical insurance, apart from pre-existing conditions, eyes, and care.
- Monthly allowance.
Eligibility for Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange Program
- First grade and second grade in high school (SMA/ SMK/ MA)
- For 2021 – 2022 Year Program, born between 01 January 2004 – 01 August 2005
- The minimum average grade in the academic report: 80 for all subjects
- Active and accomplished, with achievements in both academic and non-academic fields, within the past 5 (five) years
a. Achievements and accomplishments in the academic and non-academic field a minimum of in city/township level
b. OSIS and/or MPK mainboard (Chairman, President, Secretary, Treasurer).
- Agreements and consent from natural parents.
- Agreement and consent from school.
- Citizens of Indonesia, proven by certificate.
- Reside during and still enrolled in a school in Indonesia at the time of application, and can still be enrolled in Indonesian school after the program.
- Does not hold an American passport, wasn’t born within the US, and one or both parents aren’t American citizen(s).
- Physically and mentally fit the program (YES Program encourages students with disability to apply).
- Participate in selection stages conducted by Bina Antarbudaya. Only selected candidates are going to be invited to the National Selection Camp in Jakarta.
- Registration will only be conducted through Online Registration accessible through a link in afsindonesia.org