Looks like you haven't logged in. Login to save opportunities.
Permanent Residency in Japan for 2021/2022
Application for Permanent Residence
Articles 22 and 22-2, Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act
Foreign national wishing to change their current status of residence to the status of residence “Permanent Residence,”, or foreign national wishing to acquire the status of residence “Permanent Residence” because of birth or any other reason
When to submit
Up until the applicant’s resident status expires (if the applicant wishes to change his/her status of residence); orWithin 30 days after birth or any other reason (if the applicant wishes to acquire he status of residence “Permanent Residence”)
How to submit
Applicant must fill in necessary application forms, make ready attached documents and submit a service counter at regional immigration office.
Who may submit
The legal representative of the applicant
The following persons may complete the application procedure (submit the passport, residence card and application form, etc.) in lieu of the applicant.
* A member of staff of the accepting institution, etc. or of a public interest corporation whom the director of the regional immigration bureau deems to be appropriate (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
* An attorney or administrative scrivener who has given notification, via the bar association or administrative scriveners’ association to which he or she belongs, to the director of the regional immigration bureau which has jurisdiction over the area where such bar association or administrative scriveners’ association is located (in cases pursuant to a request from the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant).
* A relative of the applicant, a person living together with the applicant or an equivalent person, whom the director of the regional bureau deems respectively to be appropriate (in cases where the applicant is under the age of 16 years, suffers from an illness or owing to other grounds).
8,000 yen for receiving permission (Payment must be made with revenue stamps)
Application form 1copy
Photo (4cm×3cm) 1copy (A photo is not required for persons under the age 16 years.)
* A photo that shows the applicant pictured alone.
* The applicant should face squarely to the front and should remove any hats, caps or head coverings.
* There should be a plain background with no shadows.
* The photo must be sharp and clear.
* The photo must have been taken within three months prior to submission.
Passport and residence card (or alien registration certificate deemed equivalent to a residence card)
For more information on necessary documents, please refer to your regional immigration office or immigration information center.
In principle, documents and materials which have been submitted will Not be returned to you. If you have submitted any original copies of documents and materials, which would be difficult for you to re-obtain, and would like to have them returned to you, please notify us when you file your application.