Applications are open for ReSurge-COSECSA Short Term Exchange Programme. ReSurge International and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA), are collaborating on a short term (1-month) Exchange Programme for trainees currently undertaking training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and who wish to gain experience at another COSECSA accredited hospital within the ECSA Region. A maximum of 3 Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Trainees will be supported in the period May – December 2021.
- ReSurge-COSECSA Short Term Exchange Programme is open to final year Plastic Surgery Trainees who are preparing to take the Fellowship – FCS examination in 2021.
- The award should be used for Fellowship examination expenses, including the examination; examination travel; accommodation; graduation; and five-year membership dues to COSECSA.
- The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat.
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcome, a current CV and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- The subject of the email should read: “ReSurge International Scholarship Program 2021”
Completed applications should be sent to COSECSA Scholarship Board using the following email: [email protected]
The one-month Exchange Training Programme is funded by ReSurge International. The training will be conducted in another country at COSECSA accredited Hospital/Training Site and will be administered through COSECSA and covers expenses towards:
- Host facilitation fee
- Travel costs
- Per diem
- Ground transport
- Visa COVID tests
- Only plastic surgery trainers who have not yet received COSECSA exchange program scholarships are eligible to apply.
Click here for more information