Swedish Institute calls for applications from women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region for She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program 2021. She Entrepreneurs is a leadership program for highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region who are building successful and sustainable businesses with the potential to make a difference in their societies. In the past nine years that the program has been running, many successful entrepreneurs received support that helped them expand.
It is a practical and hands-on leadership training based on real business experiences, collaborative learning and participant-centric design. The program provides tangible tools, insights and connections for participants who want to grow their businesses and develop as entrepreneurs, as well as leaders.
She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program will give you
- The opportunity to plan and strategize for your business in an inspiring and collaborative learning environment.
- Regular support and input through sessions with expert mentors on an individual level as well as through group coaching.
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and deepened understanding of how to build effective and motivated teams, while also taking care of your own work-life balance and long-term wellbeing.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, communication, business innovation, crisis management, growing through partnerships, finance and funding.
- New perspectives on responsible and sustainable business practices from a social and an environmental perspective, as well as tangible tools for measuring your value creation.
- A strong and active community of likeminded women.
Who can apply?
You are welcome to submit your application if you are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 22 and 45 (born 1975 – 1999) with a business that:
- is already operational and ready to expand.
- has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- is based in Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine or Tunisia.
In addition, you should:
- have a proficient command of both written and spoken English;
- be willing to pay it forward by contributing at least two hours of pro bono mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in your home country during the program.
Funding and Benefits
Swedish Institute will cover the following costs
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme in Stockholm
- Flight tickets to and from on-site meeting in Stockholm
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa expenses exceeding 500 SEK (approx USD 60)