The McDonnell International Scholars Academy calls application for Scholars Program. The McDonnell Academy is a university-wide initiative that benefits all seven WashU academic schools by attracting premier graduate students from international institutions and the United States.
On-campus Scholars participate in a collaborative graduate-level leadership program and become part of a unique global community. They represent different countries, cultural viewpoints, academic and personal interests, and they enrich Washington University and its graduate student body. The McDonnell Academy aspires to have one Scholar from each partner university in residence at Washington University at all times.
Fellows on the McDonnell Academy Scholars Program receive both financial and programmatic support:
- Full tuition scholarship
- A monthly living stipend
- Annual travel allowance
- Cultural and leadership training
- Individual mentorship by a dedicated faculty
- A global network of students and alumni from across countries and disciplines
The McDonnell Academy Scholars Program is open to prospective students applying to pursue an eligible full-time graduate or professional degree program at Washington University in St. Louis. Applicants from any country can apply
- International graduate and professional candidates who are graduates of one of the Academy’s partners universities preferred.
- Domestic (U.S.) citizens who have spent most of their life and earned previous degrees in the United States are eligible to apply to as U.S. Scholars.
- International graduate and professional candidates from international universities outside the partner network are eligible to apply as Global Scholars.
- Academic distinction: Scholars are selected on the basis of their academic talent, promise, and ambition to become future leaders in academia, government, the professions, or the corporate world.
- Global mindset: Scholars share a global outlook, embrace differences, and express interest in broader social and cultural issues. They have a commitment to engaging in dialogue across disciplines and cultures.
- Leadership: Scholars demonstrate a desire and potential to generate positive change in their communities and around the world. They have a commitment to engaging in the Academy’s platform for leadership development and communication acumen.
- Community: Scholars become part of a diverse, close-knit community. They share a commitment to engaging in the Academy’s academic, professional, and social activities and to strengthening ties across our global network of partners.