Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2021 in Austria calls for applications from students (BA (Hons), Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study.
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School consists of several components like Research Project, Lecture Series, Scientific Symposium, Social Programme, and Summer in Vienna. Scholars will be housed free of charge in student accommodation. The complex features modern rooms that are internet-enabled, fully furnished, and have a shared bathroom and kitchen.
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events
Completed at least 2 years of a University study (e.g. 2-3 years of a Bachelor Hons study or 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June) as follows:
- In Year 3 of a 4-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a Life Science related subject
- In Year 4 of a 4-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a Life Science related subject WITH an acceptance or intention to apply to a Master program (this will be checked later)
- In Year 1 of a 2-year Master course, MSc in a Life Science related subject
- In Year 2 of a US undergraduate Bachelor in a Life Science related subject
- In Year 2 of a 4-Year BTech (India) in a Life Science related subject
- 3-months research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrolment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year (if possible).
- MDs may only apply if they have completed 3-4years of their studies and have the relevant research experience, they must also intend to study a PhD in a Life Science related subject after completion of their current studies.