Applications call for Virtual360 Konnect Emerging Arts Leaders Residency Series
KONNECT ASEAN aims to support regional arts practices through different platforms: exhibitions, community outreach, workshops, printed and digital documentation, and more. In doing so, KONNECT ASEAN aims to achieve three primary outcomes. First, to encourage dialogue about contemporary issues ranging from the social and the regional to the political and the environmental. Second, to further historical discourse on what constitutes an ASEAN artistic identity and aesthetic. And last but not least, to build cooperation across groups in government, business, and civil society in the arts and cultural sectors.
culture360.ASEF.org is an online platform managed by ASEF since 2008. It counts over 280,000 unique visitors yearly and offers up-to-date information on arts, culture, and heritage from 51 countries in Asia and Europe. Publically funded by the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), culture360.ASEF.org is for artists, cultural professionals, policymakers, and anyone interested in international cultural cooperation. Virtual360 Konnect is part of the Arts Journalism Matters series to encourage thriving arts media ecosystems in Asia and Europe.
The format of Virtual360 Konnect Emerging Arts Leaders Residency Series
- Each pair will collaborate online over a period of one month.
- The theme of the collaboration is international cultural cooperation and cultural exchange in the COVID-19 era.
- Within this broad theme, each pair is free to focus on one or more arts disciplines e.g. visual arts, performing arts, music, film, interdisciplinary, cross-sectoral, etc.
- Each pair will define and propose the topic of their residency.
- Each pair will write a joint article that will be published on culture360.ASEF.org (maximum 2,000 words).
- Each pair will take part in a podcast or video interview about the collaborative process.
- National of an ASEAN Member State or of the Republic of Korea.
- Arts professional with 2 to 5 years’ experience in the arts sector.
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English (all communication and writing will be in English).
- Preferably with some experience in writing journalistic style articles.
- The Virtual360 Konnect Emerging Arts Leaders Residency Series invites proposals submitted as a pair or as an individual. It will prioritize proposals from pairs including one national from ASEAN and one from Korea.
- Take part in the residency and work with another cultural professional to write a joint article.
- Submit weekly updates about the progress of the project through video clips and/or social media posts via the KONNECT ASEAN Facebook group page and culture360 Instagram page.
- Prepare a joint article that will be published on culture360.ASEF.org
- Take part in a podcast or video interview to document the process of the residency.