World Economic Forum (WEF) calls for applications for the Young Global Leaders Class of 2022. Moreover, over the past 15 years, Young Global Leaders have gone on to lead their countries, serve their communities, launch groundbreaking initiatives, expand access to resources, and shake up traditional ways of doing business. World Economic Forum is always looking for exceptional leaders to join our community.
- The candidate must be 38 years old or younger at the nomination
- Has 5-15 years of recognized achievements, leadership and outstanding professional work experience.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to serve society at local and global levels, has an impeccable record in the public eye, good standing in their community, self-awareness, and a desire to learn.
- Candidates from the business sector must manage a corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles (or equivalent): President, chair of the board, chief executive officer, managing director, managing partner, or publisher.
- Companies, organizations, and entities can only nominate one candidate from their qualifying company every two years.
- If the company is a member or partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the chief executive officer or chair of the board of the respective company.
- Furthermore, self-nominations are not accepted.
World Economic Forum (WEF) Young Global Leaders Class of 2022 has the following timeline
- 30 April 2021: Nomination period ends. Nominated candidates may receive an invitation to submit a short application; and will be notified of the outcome in the weeks following their nomination.
- June – July 2021: The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review.
- September – December 2021: The selection committee and Young Global Leaders Advisory Group reviews top candidates.
- March 2022: A press announcement is released for the new class of Young Global Leaders.
Do you know a leader under 40 who is making an impact on the world and innovating towards the greater good? Nominate them to join the Young Global Leaders Class of 2022 before 30 April 2021.