If you stand for the protection of the environment across the globe then look for one of the volunteering projects run by the World Wide Fund For Nature, WWF. The volunteering opportunities are for 3 to 6 months either online or in locations like Bolivia, Madagascar or the Carpathians and at WWF International.
During your placement, you will be integrated into a WWF team to work on conservation initiatives in line with the objectives of the project or program you are engaged with.
- WWF will pay for all in-country support as well as health insurance and repatriation assistance coverage.
- You need to be able to afford, upon acceptance to the program, your roundtrip airfare, visa, vaccinations, food, and personal items, approx. Euro 2,500, depending on location & duration of the assignment.
Eligible candidates should have:
- A commitment to conservation
- An ability to adapt to changing situations
- Also, an ability to work respectfully in cross-cultural situations
- An ability to take direction from supervisors
- In addition, the confidence to provide feedback to supervisors
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- Moreover, a capacity for ongoing learning
How to apply
- Fill in and submit your application form
- If your application is accepted, an email will be sent asking you to submit supporting documents:
- employer and personal references
- writing samples