Yonsei University, a private research university in the capital city of South Korea invites students to participate in Yonsei International Summer School 2020. The Yonsei International Summer School (YISS) opened its doors in 1985 and since then, YISS has become an integral part of campus life based on a unique blend of Korean and global cultures. YISS continues to grow and evolve, accommodating the needs of a rapidly changing student body and meeting the challenges of a fast-paced global society.
The Yonsei International Summer School includes courses from the arts, culture, and humanities while also offering cutting-edge classes in management and economics, global issues, history, social sciences, and science and technology. Moreover, a shorter, 4-week option is also available to accommodate students that can only be away for a small period of time. The YISS is an exciting opportunity and platform for students to make life-long friends, build new networks, expand and deepen their academic and cultural horizons. In addition to that, it is the opportunity to explore and experience life in one of Asia’s coolest, yet largely undiscovered metropolises of 10 million.
Benefits of Yonsei International Summer School in Korea
- Participation in summer school hosted by one of the best universities in the world. Yonsei University has consistently ranked as the top private university in Korea and is taking a leading role in globalizing higher education in Asia. In addition to that, Yonsei University ranks 106th in the QS World University Rankings 2018
- Opportunity to live in a lively and vibrant urban vulture. Yonsei’s main campus at Sinchon is ensconced in a spacious, picturesque and natural setting that is located minutes away from downtown Seoul.
- Opportunity to be a part of one the Leading Summer Program that is running and hosting numbers of global students since 1985.
- YISS has a number of global partners including the University of California. Each year, key faculty and over 200 students from the UC system take part in YISS.
- The program offers a wide range of courses in the arts, culture, and humanities, Asian and Korean studies, international politics and economics, global management, science and technology, and environmental studies.
- In addition to that, a number of internship opportunities are available for students who wish to acquire direct exposure to global companies in Korea or lab experience during summer.
- The platform for students to experience Korean culture and participate in a variety of activities and events outside the classroom including field trips and cultural immersion programs.
- The students and faculty come from all over the world to participate in the YISS. SO, it is an opportunity to be a part of the ever-expanding global network of nearly 20,100 YISS alumni.
The university offers the study under the following courses at Yonsei International Summer School in Korea
- Arts & Humanities
- Korean Studies
- Business & Economics
- Social Sciences
- Korean Language
- East Asian Studies
- Science & Technology
Download Full Course List
This program is open to all the college or university students as well as high school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited university. But however, the minimum GPA requirement for college or university students is above 2.0/4.0.
In order to apply for Yonsei International Summer School, interested students must complete an online application form with the following attachment
- A most recent original transcript including previous semester’s grades (only applicable to students currently attending a college or university/transcript issue date must be within 3 months from the application submission date)
- An original copy of the student’s matriculating university admissions letter (only applicable to high school seniors)
Fees and Funding
The overall fee for the two courses is 3,100,000 KRW and the total fee for three courses is 3,700,000 KRW. But the Yonsei University offers a number of scholarships to international fee-paying candidates that provide fundings.