Young Sustainable Impact 2017
At Young Sustainable Impact, you will meet with other young professionals around the world to solve the Sustainable Development Goals set out by the United Nations.
An Earthpreneur is a person that wants to create a livelihood of helping the earth trough solutions, technology or organizations. You will work on one or more sustainable development goals through creating a startup.
If you get chosen after the three application rounds you will commit to an innovation program from April until August. In a group of 5, you will choose which development goals you will like to help solve by creating a startup.
Hours weekly: From April – August: 3-15 hours. Some weeks will contain workshops and a bit more to do than others.
April: Teambuilding, learn about creative collaboration and find the development goal you want to work on.
May: Here we start with the first process of the innovation program. You will identify different problems within each development goal. At the end of the month you will, as a team, find the problems you would like to solve.
June: Based on the problems you identified in may you will use your and YSI`s network and the internet to gather insights into the top problems.
July: Here you will learn more about entrepreneurship, collaboration and slowly begin discussing ideas.
August: It`s the big month! We fly you in to Oslo and you will meet the team and all participants. During this month you will meet entrepreneurs, big businesses, investors and curious people. You will create a concept, work on the concept and pitch it front of important people. You will learn about leadership, self-development and become a strong, self-dependent team.
You will get:
1. Free stay, food, and plane tickets to Oslo, Norway.
2. An innovation program in world class.
3. Mentorship, expertise and guidance.
4. Gain a network of brilliant people from all over the world.
5. A major opportunity to create a startup that will succeed.
6. Meet top investors, corporations, entrepreneurs and business people.
7. Learn leadership, self-development, team-building, innovation, creativity, about the sustainable development goals, entrepreneurship, yourself and much more.
1. You commit to our program from April – August (5-15 hours a week).
2. You are ready for being in Oslo from August 14th to 25th (free stay).
3. You commit to following up the project after the workshop and conference.
Official Link: https://www.ysiglobal.com/ysi-2017-read-more
Deadline: 5th March, 2017
|Type of Opportunity||Exchange Programs|