Youth Time International Movement calls application for International Youth Summer School 2020. The event will take place in Reykjavik, Iceland from June 25th-30th 2020. The theme this year is Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability: Preparing for Transition.
This Summer School is organized in partnership with the University of Iceland and the City of Reykjavik. It will gather together nearly 90 young participants, experts and trainers from all over the world with the aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues.
The International Youth Summer School in Iceland will help to prepare youth for future possible changes. The participants will learn and analyze the most influential trends of the development in different areas of the worldwide society and what the future map of skills, education, and training for sustainable future global development will be. In addition to that, they will study how to avoid becoming an obsolete figure in an ever-developing world and explore new ways to ensure the role of youth as working professionals remains sustainable.
At this Youth Time International Summer School, participants will
- Participate in educational and interactive talks and become inspired through workshops conducted by esteemed honorable guests.
- Gain valuable new skills, knowledge, and experiences that will serve as a solid foundation for your future entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Have a fruitful working and immersing experience in the beautiful city of Reykjavik and Icelandic culture.
- Have a unique opportunity to meet with like-minded people from across the globe.
- Network with renowned professionals in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, finance, science, and technology.
- Take part in a fantastic cultural exchange program that includes trips to see some of Reykjavik’s most iconic attractions and Icelandic outstanding nature.
- The program, food, and twin room shared accommodation in a student hostel are partially covered by Youth Time International Movement. Candidates must take into consideration that travel costs are at your own expense.
- Join each other in celebration at our welcome reception and farewell party.
In order to apply for Youth Time International Summer School, candidates must
- Fill out the Participant Application form entirely.
- Submit up-to-date CV
- Make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
– What is your motivation for applying for the Future Skills International Youth Summer School?
– How do you see the possible involvement of young people in the development of Future Skills for Workplace Sustainability?
– How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Summer School?
- Young people 18-35 from around the world.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking).
- Master’s/Ph.D. students, social entrepreneurs, young professionals, persons working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators.
- Workers with youth, young professionals who work in the education sphere.
- Show proven evidence of interests in Future Skills, workplace sustainability and participation of the international youth community, and/or involvements in related fields.
- Preferred backgrounds include social and business enterprises, startups, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars, and students.