Duties and Responsibilities of Digital Democracy Specialist :
Coordination, strategic planning, and advisory support:
Coordinate PRIME initiative activities, including country support, knowledge management, and capacity development, in collaboration with colleagues from BPPS/GPN.
- Analyze respective digital tools within UNDP and continuously develop and deliver UNDP’s comprehensive offering for addressing information pollution in elections.
- Provide advice and support to UNDP Country Offices (COs) and countries benefiting from PRIME financial support on topics related to information integrity and inclusivity in elections.
- Lead the design and further development of AI-driven technologies and technological tools that address information pollution issues and help monitor and analyze political discourse on digital media globally and nationally.
- Develop monitoring methodologies and provide advice and support to UNDP country offices and other stakeholders on social media listening and fact-checking during elections.
- Support mobilization of resources on issues related to information integrity in elections and democratic governance more broadly.
Data analysis and visualization:
- Contribute to UNDP data analysis, research, policy, and implementation of activities around monitoring information landscapes in elections and integrated data analytics on conflict and post-conflict settings globally.
- Develop data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies related to information integrity in elections.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Generate data visualization products, including infographics and dashboards, using Power BI, Tableau, or other tools for UNDP global knowledge products on information integrity in elections.
Capacity Development and training:
Coordinate the development of methods and training on combating online misinformation, hate speech, and violence against women in politics globally, regionally, and nationally.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and organize dialogues, thematic workshops, and training on promoting information integrity in elections.
- Build and strengthen the capacity of national counterparts and provide advice on addressing online misinformation, hate speech, and violence against women during electoral periods.
Advocacy and alliance building:
- Establish and maintain partnerships with CSOs, researchers, academics, tech firms, UN agencies, and INGOs globally, regionally, and nationally.
- Liaise and maintain communication with CDO, OGC, JTF, and DPPA and ensure effective information exchange.
- Support UNDP COs advocacy efforts to promote information integrity at the national level.
- Develop communications plans and products to disseminate key results, impact, and lessons learned from PRIME, ensuring the flow of knowledge between key stakeholders and partners and strengthening UNDP’s emerging position as a thought leader on innovation and digitalization in information integrity and AI-driven technologies.
Project management and administrative support:
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of PRIME’s activities based on the relevant project documents and annual work plans.
- Contribute to PRIME’s planning and reporting processes.
- Support PRIME’s event management, budget planning, and operation support.
You might be also interested in: Investment Officer Job at World Bank India
Required Skills and Experience for Digital Democracy Specialist:
Education: Master’s degree in Data Science, Information System Technology, Media and Communication, or related fields OR a Bachelor’s degree in said fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience
Experience: 5 years of professional experience (with Master’s degree) or 7 years (with Bachelor’s degree) working for the United Nations/ international organizations in the field of electoral support.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English is required and Proficiency in another UN working language is desirable.