Duties and Responsibilities for Analyst Economist :
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator, the Analyst Economist will be primarily responsible for the following work streams:
Implement and manage Financial Solutions to address the biodiversity finance challenge
- Draft and provide inputs to annual work planning, budgeting, and quarterly reporting.
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, program results, outputs, and outcomes.
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UNDP reports.
- Monitor implementation, results management, and lesson learning.
- Ensure appropriate application of systems and procedures and develop enhancements as necessary.
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary.
- Support the preparation of policy briefs, background notes, speeches, talking points, and presentation materials, on critical issues relevant to BIOFIN project activities in Indonesia.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to program partners, coordinate and collaborate with other stakeholders to build synergies and maximize results
- Provide timely and quality technical advice and guidance for the project implementation in line with UNDP’s rules and regulations, and UNDP Project Operational Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with national partners to support the implementation of activities in the area of biodiversity finance governance
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and training to partners.
- Coordinate with government, UN, and non-government partners and stakeholders on actions, activities, and events.
- Contribute to the joint advocacy in identifying key issues, and build evidence-based base, communication.
- Build synergies with other programs at national, local, and community levels.
You might be interested in: 2023 Internship of Climate Change Specialist at The World Bank
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics/ development economics is required or
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in one of the above disciplines in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the Master’s degree
- Up to 2 years (with a Master´s degree) or minimum 2 years (with a Bachelor´s degree) of relevant economic-focused work experience with government or private sector institutions.
- Experience working in the area of development (national/international) would be an advantage.
- Experience with UN or international organizations; knowledge of UN/UNDP, and/or UN/UNDP procedures and approaches, would be an asset.
- Experience in socio-economic research and policy-level analysis.
- Experience in biodiversity/climate, SDGs, and financing frameworks, including innovative financing mechanisms like green bonds, blended finance, and impact funds, is desirable.
- Experience in handling web-based data management systems and programs for statistical analysis of data.
- Experience with government counterparts, international financial institutions, and private sector/civil society in economic and social development in Indonesia is required.
- Proficiency in English. Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Contract Duration : The contract for this position will be for one year.
Deadline : 23 October 2023