- Lead the monitoring of the Division’s work program and individual staff deliverables and facilitate resolution of issues related to performance.
- In close collaboration with the Director, coordinate the development of the Programming Directions Strategy for the GEF Trust Fund and GBF Trust Fund, for every replenishment cycle and as needed.
- Lead and coordinate the workflow of the project cycle and recommend technical clearance of projects and programs in collaboration with the technical staff and regional coordinators.
- Coordinates GEF programming across the different funds with relevant colleagues and GEF Division heads.
- Manages the Country Engagement Strategy and its budget as well as oversees elements of the CES that are implemented by other Divisions.
- Coordinates the GEF Portal and its technical specifications including defining the proper workflow for project clearances.
- Works closely and in collaboration with the Manager of Integration and Knowledge to ensure the programming and implementation of the Integrated Programs and the role of the technical and focal area teams in the review of projects and programs related to IPs.
- Coordinates the organization, composition, and priorities of the regional teams in their engagement with countries and duties related to the programming of GEF resources.
- Work regularly with the Director and other senior staff in the Division to ensure coordinated delivery of the main responsibilities of the GEF Programming Division.
- Maintain productive relationships with the GEF network, including GEF agencies, national governments, and other stakeholders to promote the role of GEF on the international environmental agenda.
- Lead or assist with the preparation of Council papers and reports to the conventions and other bodies as needed.
- Design and or oversee the administration tools, methodologies, and instruments for project review management, internal unit operations, implementation, and other relevant policies, taking into account the environmental drivers-based approach and the integration strategy of GEF Programming.
- Undertake other duties as required, including assisting the Director of Strategy and Operations and the CEO as appropriate in activities that support the successful management of the GEF.
You might take a liking to 2023 Human Resources Officer in USA (United Nations)
- Minimum master’s degree (Ph.D. highly desired) in one of the environmental sciences (e.g., conservation, climate change, chemicals, land use), economics or sustainable development;
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility; Sustained record of achieving high-quality substantive results over an extended period (at least 12 to 15 years);
- Prior substantive multi-regional and cross-thematic work experience in achieving results on the ground.
- Professional experience with funding and/or implementation of environmental projects in developing countries.
- A proven track record in designing and implementing complex operations using innovative approaches, demonstrated strong knowledge of multicultural contexts and strong analytical and program strategy skills.
- Client orientation, diplomatic skills, as well as sensitivity to social and cultural issues as they affect environmental and sustainable development projects and programs.
- Ability to lead/coach teams to achieve results, build strong teams across the matrix and develop/nurture new talent.
- Outstanding communications skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
- High degree of discretion, ethics, tact and sensitivity in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Language: English is essential; Spanish or French strongly desired.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
for more information visits, world bank