The (Senior) Health Specialist or Economist will be mapped to HAWH2 and report to the Practice Manager of the Unit. Their primary role will be to serve as a key member of the HNP and Mali country team, with responsibilities across the Mali country program. More specifically, s/he will have the following key responsibilities, inter alia:
• Lead, co-lead or support development and implementation of the Bank’s HNP national and /or regional operations in Mali. This will include leading technical discussions and monitoring of the Bank defined portfolio on a day-to-day basis, in close collaboration with the relevant government agencies and development partners.
• Organize and lead missions of the health team.
• Lead or co-lead and contribute to high-quality analytical and advisory services tasks in Mali and HAWH2.
• Participate in and contribute to technical assistance work to support relevant capacity-building activities including workshops, seminars, etc.
• Participate in and contribute to policy dialogue with government counterparts, including at the national and sub-national levels and with other relevant stakeholders.
• Help teams with building and maintaining partnerships and networks within the Bank (in HNP as well as other sectors) and with external partners.
• Contribute to sector-specific or cross-sectoral inputs for various operational products/outputs (e.g. sector/country briefings, background reports, portfolio performance reviews, etc.).
• Review and contribute to sector-specific or cross-sectoral policy and other documents.
• Respond to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties.
• Carry out any other activity required as part of the health and human capital portfolio.
• Mentor junior staff in the country office and unit.
You might also be interested for : United Nation Officer Job at Nairobi, Kenya
Here’s what you need to know about the (Senior) Health Specialist or Economist Of the world health bank :
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Bamako, Mali
Required Language(s): English; French
Poverty knows no boundaries, and neither does excellence. Our success is fueled by our diversity and differences, and we are constantly seeking highly qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, both from within countries and across the world. We expect the chosen candidate to possess the following qualifications:
• Master’s degree in economics, public health, health systems, public policy, health financing, or related fields. Additionally, having an experience in the practice of public health in Mali with a substantial emphasis on public and/or private health sectors, or a focus on health financing / health economics, would be considered advantageous.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in health and/or related fields.
• Demonstrated operational project management and portfolio management is essential.
• Significant experience with WBG or non-governmental institution policies, operations, instruments, and systems is desired.
• Proficiency in French (a prerequisite) and English (an asset), including excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate should be capable of producing documents on complex subjects, delivering persuasive speeches, and conveying ideas clearly and succinctly in French. Additionally, the candidate should exhibit a satisfactory level of comprehension and written proficiency in English.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills, and a track record of functioning effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix environment are essential.
• A drive for results, including a proven track record of high standards/accountability for work products, meeting deadlines, an ability to prioritize tasks within his/her work program and strategies for working collectively with others on the team to deliver products of the highest caliber.
For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|
|Organizer||The world bank|
|Contact the organizer||https://www.worldbank.org/en/home|