2024 Investment Officer – IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
In this context, IFC is seeking an (Associate) Investment Officer for the Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) region with familiarity with the design and implementation of climate-related solutions and/ or socially impactful projects across the real sector (such as agribusiness, manufacturing, health, education, tourism, retail, and/or property). Under the supervision of the Upstream and Advisory Manager, the selected candidate would focus on supporting the development of a pipeline of high-quality projects leading to investment opportunities. The selected candidate will be expected to support senior staff in the implementation of existing projects and in the origination of new ones which are essential to build the pipeline of future IFC investments. S/he would work across IFC business lines and support policy work and other interventions across the World Bank to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of IFC’s efforts.
• Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Science, Engineering, or another related field.
• 4 – 8 years of relevant work experience
• Familiarity with decarbonization and resource efficiency in the real sectors is preferred.
• Familiarity with digital transformation processes and/or international expansion efforts in the real sectors would be a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work on several assignments simultaneously is required.
• Outstanding and demonstrated history of analytical, creative problem solving and critical thinking skills is required.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English are required. Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese strongly preferred.
• Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC 3.0
Job : req24363
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location : Sao Paulo, Brazil
: Bogota, Colombia
: Lima, Peru
Required Language(s): English and Spanish or Portuguese
Closing Date: 10/10/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
For more information: worldbank.org
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|
|Field||International Finance Cooperation|
|Country||Brazil, Colombia and Peru|
|City||Sao Paulo, Bogota, Lima,|
|Organizer||World Bank group|
|Contact the organizer||https://www.worldbank.org/en/home|