The applications for the World Food Program(WFP) PD Summer Internship Program 2020 have opened. Interested candidates can submit their applications until 12th February 2020.
- The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
- Additionally, they are currently seeking to fill for candidates to participate in the PD Summer Internship Programme 2020 in the Policy and Programme Department (PD).
- Furthermore, the position will be based in the Program Unit, in WFP Nigeria Office.
- The internship will be for the period of at least 3 months from May/June to August/ September 2020.
About the Post
- Title of Post: PD Summer Intern
- Unit: Program Unit
- Supervisor: Head of Program
- Duration: At least 3 months (May/June to August/September 2020)
The candidates will do the following duties in the WFP Summer Internship Program
- They will be under the supervision and direction of the head of the program
- The candidates must analyze and synthesize data for Programme activity reporting
- Also, they must assist in standardizing the Programme unit’s internal periodic reporting package
- Additionally, they should help in designing standard background narrative for each planned activity under the Nigeria Country Strategy Plan that informs donor proposals and/or activity reporting
- Similarly, they must support the reporting and improvement of Programme information storage and dissemination
- Furthermore, they should perform any other duty as required
The interested candidates must meet the following requirements for the WFP Summer Internship Program
- They must have currently enrolled in a master’s degree program OR a recent graduate of a master’s degree (graduated within the last 6 months)
- Also, they should have excellent English verbal and writing skills
- IN addition to that, the applicants must be proficient in graphic design and able to present information clearly and concisely through visual data analysis
- Moreover, they should possess strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Also, they need excellent IT skill with knowledge of report writing software such as Microsoft Publisher or Tableau
- Similarly, the candidates must be a proactive, motivated, innovative and adaptable individual, who is capable to take initiative
- Furthermore, they should have the ability to function comfortably in a cross-cultural team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Throughout their assignment, WFP interns have access to an industry-leading learning platform, weLearn.
- Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
- The monthly stipend for the PD Intern is approximately USD 360 per month.
- WFP will not fund the living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas, and related costs.
- However, it will provide travel tickets for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
For more information, visit the official site.