Associate Investment Officer Internship in IFC (The World bank)
IFC is seeking an Associate Investment Intern Officer to join the Infrastructure Upstream team to be based ideally in Accra, Addis Ababa, Cairo, Dakar, Lagos, Maputo, Nairobi, Rabat. The selected candidate will focus on supporting the development of a high-quality Upstream pipeline in the Africa region under the supervision of a Regional Upstream Lead. S/he will also support the identification of possible regulatory or policy obstacles that may be considered for other interventions across the World Bank Group to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of Upstream efforts.
Duties and Accountabilities for Associate Investment Officer
- Support the identification and assessment of Upstream opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Contribute to the development of feasibility studies and implementation plans for Upstream projects that lead to IFC investments.
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable solutions and platforms similar to “Scaling Solar” that can be replicated across markets.
- Help spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to emerging markets.
- Produce regular reports on the assigned Upstream portfolio including monitoring progress against project milestones and KPIs.
- Contribute to sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
You could find appealing, Executive Assistant Internship at Seoul,South Korea (World Bank)
- Master’s in Business Administration or Finance, or a Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field, in each case with a significant level of finance content.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of relevant experience in project and/or program development, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions in emerging markets, ideally in the infrastructure space.
- Familiarity with the Africa region, including hands-on work across different countries in the region.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values.
- Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC 3.0.
- Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo and experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Understanding of the relevant sector and ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions at a country level via the Cascade approach.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Experience in project / program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects / programs / initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English required; French, Portuguese, Arabic and/or Amharic desirable.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
for more information visits, IFC