CERN Short Term paid Internship in Geneva, Switzerland is offering a limited number of places in their practical training programme from between 1 to 6 months geared towards your particular field of study. At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
One of CERN’s key missions is education. Our professionals very much enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise with students who are committed and passionate about their chosen field. If you’re an undergraduate in the technical or administrative fields and you’re looking to spend a few months training “on-the-job”, imagine doing your internship at CERN in Geneva. An impressive addition to your CV!
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,500 Swiss Francs. Please note, however, that the cost of living in Geneva is high and this allowance is just a complement. You should have adequate financial resources to support yourself in the local area.
- You will need to have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area for medical expenses, work and private accidents as well as any disability arising from professional and non-professional illness and accidents.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a full-time student at undergraduate (post-secondary) level and are at least 18 years of age.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields such as: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics.
- Your work at CERN must be an obligatory or recommended part of your studies.
- You will be returning to your educational establishment after completion of your stay at CERN.
- You have a good knowledge of English and/or French.
Important information for you to know:
- The duration of the internship is up to 6 months.
- You will need to have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area for medical expenses, work, and private accidents as well as any disability arising from professional and non-professional illness and accidents.
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,500 Swiss Francs: please note, however, that the cost of living in Geneva is high and this allowance is just a compliment. You should have adequate financial resources to support yourself in the local area.