Chief of Section, Evaluation Internship in New York (United Nations)
Chief of Section is located in the Evaluation Section, Monitoring and Evaluation Service of the Business Transformation and Accountability Division (BTAD) of the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC) . The Chief of Section reports to the Chief of the Monitoring and Evaluation Service. The incumbent leads efforts to strengthen the use of evaluation in departments/offices/missions across the global UN Secretariat.
Within delegated authority, the Chief of Section will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides policy guidance to the Chief of Service/Division, on conceptual strategy development and management of the implementation of overall strategies and intra and inter-divisional/departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversees and guides support activities to UN Secretariat entities in tracking and monitoring the implementation of evaluation recommendations, including enabling access to a recommendations management system.
- Provides substantive input to the Evaluation Management Committee which advises the Management Committee on issues related to planning, budgeting and policies related to evaluation, and intends to raise awareness of evaluation and to ensure that accountabilities for uptake and use of evaluation results are exercised.
- Acts as the evaluation focal point of DMSPC, coordinating the response and follow up on the status of recommendations for all OIOS evaluation activities.
- Contributes to the reporting to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/ substantive issues, as appropriate.
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the Section maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data.
- Recruits staff for the Section taking due account geographical and gender balance and other institutional values.
- Manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/her supervision.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among staff in the Section and across organizational boundaries.
- Represents the Organization at inter-agency meetings, seminars, etc. on substantive-related issues notably the UN Evaluation Group.
- Performs other duties as required.
You might like: Regional Energy Specialist Internship for UNDP
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, management, economics, social sciences or related area. A first-level university degree in the specified fields with two additional years of relevant work experience
- may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in administration, project or programme management, evaluation or related field is required.
- Experience in evaluation is required.
- Experience in enabling a Results-Based management culture or in implementing Results-Based Management is required.
- Experience in leading and managing a team is required.
- Experience with change management is required.
- Experience with the United Nations and or similar international organizations is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visits, United Nations