INTERPOL Organized and Emerging Crime Directorate in France call application for Financial Crime Internship. The INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization) welcomes candidates from all 194 member countries. The internship at INTERPOL is a wonderful opportunity for candidates to gain the following things
- A better understanding of the Organization’s goals and objectives as well as the ideas on how international police cooperation operates.
- Similarly, an insight into how an international organization operates.
- Also, a framework to enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments, thereby developing skills that are useful for their career and future employment.
- Furthermore, the experience of working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary and multi-ethnic environment, contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust, and tolerance.
Candidates on this Financial Crime Internship at INTERPOL must do the following duties
- Open source researches in regards to specific types of financial crime, crime incidents, targeted subjects, Modus Operandi.
- Open source researches in regards to research and academic studies, documents, publications.
- Extracting and summarizing relevant information and findings from open sources or internal documents for tailored analysis and research.
- Draft of concept notes and project proposals under the guidance of specialized officers.
- Draft of PowerPoint presentations and other contributions for internal needs under guidance of specialized officers.
- Preparation and processing of documents (excel, etc.) with bulk data – skills of MS word/excel/PowerPoint are of advantage.
- Support in the preparation of working and expert group meetings, operation, other events; draft of minutes.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be eligible for Financial Crime Internship at INTERPOL
- Be a national of one of INTERPOL’s 194 member states
- Have attained the legal age of majority in their country of nationality
- Be enrolled in a, or have graduated from, a post-secondary accredited academic institution within the past one year on the date of submission of their application in International Relations, Law or Criminology.
- No work experience required. Internship experience in an office setting or an international organization will be considered an asset.
- Professional fluency in English is required.
- Good command of any other INTERPOL official working language (French, Arabic or Spanish) will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
The International Criminal Police Organization is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control. INTERPOL provides investigative support, expertise, and training to law enforcement worldwide in battling three major areas of transnational crime: terrorism, cybercrime, and organized crime. In addition to that, its broad mandate covers virtually every kind of crime, including crimes against humanity, child pornography, drug trafficking and production, political corruption, copyright infringement, and white-collar crime. The agency also helps coordinate cooperation among the world’s law enforcement institutions through criminal databases and communications networks.
Call for Internship INT02440 v2- Financial Crimes Unit.pdf