As Japanese companies take on young foreign talent from abroad for Internships, Japan achieves greater internationalisation for its people and organisations through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross- cultural communication. Private-sector companies, industry associations, and non-profit corporations in Japan. Host companies are determined after matching by the Program Office and subsequent approval by the Screening Committee.
Applicants must satisfy all the following requirements are eligible.
- Agree with the spirit of this program, and through the internship promoting internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities etc
- Hold citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40 as at June 30, 2018.
- Applicants must able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
- Able to undertake both the internship and Pre-Training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
- Applicant must not have participated in this Program in 2016, 2017.
- Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living cose. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only)
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible)
- Internship insurance
- Transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in training
- Registration is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Office website.
- Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- As part of the selection process, various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually.
Deadline: 30th June 2018