Gender Analyst Internship in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (UNDP)
UNDP Kyrgyzstan seeks a Gender Analyst to promote gender mainstreaming and enhance institutional effectiveness. The role involves designing and implementing gender-focused initiatives, collaborating with UNDP teams, and contributing to resource mobilization
Duties and Responsibilities in Gender Analyst :
This role supports the integration of gender into programming and operations for enhanced institutional effectiveness in gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment.
- Gender Equality, Gender Parity Commitments and Strategic Leadership:
- Help the CO Gender Task Force update Action Plans based on Gender Equality Seal recommendations and promote Gender Equality and Parity. Collaborate with the CO Gender Focal Point and cluster Team leaders for improved teamwork and knowledge exchange.
- Collaborate with CO senior management and program leads to foster organizational commitment to gender strategies. Ensure clear communication and support for gender focus across all levels of operations and programs within the organization.
2. Gender Analysis and Programming:
- Perform a participatory gender analysis for Country Programme and Projects to assess the distinct needs, roles, and resource access of women, girls, and men, considering various identity factors. The aim is to develop projects with a Gender as Principal Objective or UNDP Gen3 Marker.
- Generate a set of appropriate measures/recommendations to address and promote gender equality in programming; collect gender-responsive baseline data relevant to programme/projects planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Identify and recommend emerging gender-focused programming areas and innovative solutions in response to changing development dynamics, including technology, climate change, and pandemic challenges. Collaborate with the UNDP Accelerator Lab and coordinate with all Country Office program units and projects.
- Maintain Gender marker, to ensure the projects are improving their gender indicators and targets.
3. Knowledge management, gender mainstreamed project design, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation:
- Lead efforts and provide technical support in the design and implementation of a dedicated CO Gender Portfolio/programme along with a detailed Resource Mobilization and Partnership plan guiding the CO in taking concrete steps towards ensuring the sustainability of Gender portfolio/programme.
- Offer technical support for CO/Projects to report on Gender Equality progress, including UNSDCF Outcome, UNDP Result Oriented Analysis Report, and donor reports. Provide support to UNDP in advancing UNSDCF Outcome on Gender Equality.
- Provide gender-related inputs to the Project Appraisal Committee especially on Results Framework, Gender Analysis and associated Action Plan, and UNDP Social and Environmental Screening Procedure (including assessing potential negative impacts of the project on gender equality and specific activities to mitigate and/or minimize them).
4. Develop Partnerships to promote Gender Equality :
- Support CO Programme teams, Accelerator Lab, and project teams in establishing partnerships with gender equality organizations, UN-WOMEN, UN sister agencies, women-led local NGOs/CSOs, and relevant national and sub-national stakeholders, including the corporate/private sector.
- Provide technical assistance to programme and projects in strengthening partnerships with key women’s governing bodies such as the Ministry of Social protection responsible for gender equality and women empowerment.
- Provide support in establishing a close partnership with UN agencies particularly through supporting UNDP contributions to UN Inter-Agency Gender Thematic Group to ensure synergies and joint approaches to common gender challenges.
5. Capacity Development of CO teams to enhance gender equality and gender parity:
- Plan and facilitate training, workshops, and discussions on gender equality, women’s empowerment, and social development in alignment with UNDP’s Gender Strategic Plan for the Country Office.
- Provide technical inputs for strengthening Country Office Learning Plan.
- Maintain regular feedback sessions with management, Gender Focal Team to discuss issues, produce actionable recommendations and actions.
6. Institutional Arrangement
- Reporting to the Deputy Resident Representative under the UNDP Resident Representative’s guidance, the Gender Analyst will guide gender mainstreaming in all projects and operations according to UNDP’s Gender Equality Strategy.
you might also appreciate :Social Affairs Officer (Social Protection), UN
Required Skills and Experience
- Master´s degree in humanitarian and/or social science(s), development studies with the focus on gender, gender or women studies is required.
- Bachelor´s degree with additional 2 years of qualifying experience will be given considered in lieu of Master´s degree.
- Candidates need a minimum of 2 years’ experience (with a Master’s degree) or 4 years’ experience (with a Bachelor’s degree) in the field of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Experience and knowledge in gender audits, evaluations, participatory techniques and capacity assessments for gender mainstreaming, and gender equality is required;
- Experience in design and/or implementation of the development projects with the focus on gender equality and women’s empowerment is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in organizational leadership, change management / behavioral change, with public institutions, international organizations and civil society is an asset.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and facilitating training programs, especially on gender equality and women’s empowerment topics, is advantageous.
Desired additional skills and competencies:
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, and expertise in global and/or national gender equality and mainstreaming strategies;
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication and advocacy skills in developing gender strategies or relevant gender related strategic documents;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views;
- The ability to employ tact, courtesy and respect for diversity while dealing with a range of stakeholders with different backgrounds and personal value systems;
- Diplomatic savoir faire skills in handling counterpart relations.
Language: Proficiency in English, Kyrgyz and Russian is required (written and spoken).
Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more details: UNDP