Geospatial Solution Engineer Internship in The World Bank at Bulgaria
Geospatial Solution Engineer will work with the team lead and technical team to implement geospatial application development project. The primary focus of this role will be to lead the technical development and implementation of innovative solutions for the geospatial platform with a focus on performance. You will work in a team with designers, developers, and analysts to design, develop and implement innovative geospatial solutions.
Duties and Accountabilities for Geospatial Solution Engineer
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful large-scale systems and services in support of World Bank Geospatial Enterprise Platform (e.g., https://maps.worldbank.org);
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including writing/modifying user stories, designing solutions based on requirements, developing test plans, and creating technical documentation.
- Collaborates with Architecture, Office of Information Security, and Infrastructure teams to design and implement the solutions.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scalability requirements are met by maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design.
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies, research emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations on implementation.
- Remain current in state-of-the-art software frameworks and programming methods.
You may also like , ET Consultant- Economist, Africa Gender Innovation Lab (USA)
- Master’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computational Sciences and Engineering or other related fields and five years relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
You should have the following core skillsets:
- Strong hands-on development experience using Angular 14+, Python, and Java / C++.
- Experience with spatial database, specifically PostgreSQL.
- Experience in building Spatial Machine Learning (ML) models and integrating them into the application stack is a plus.
- Experience in engineering cloud solutions and architectures on one or more cloud providers – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platforms.
- Experience working with modern architectures (e.g., automation, cloud-based, microservices-based) in a DevOps environment.
- Experience in building Spatial Machine Learning (ML) models and integrating them into the application stack is a plus. [Not Mandatory]
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) based development.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written skills, with a robust command of English.
- Solid team-player mentality and experience in working with teams across organizations.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to achieve deliverables on time.
Note: “The selected person will be hired on two years renewable Term contract which can be extended based on business needs and performance.”
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
for more information visits, World Bank