Apply for the International Justice Program Internships at HRW in the USA. The deadline for the application is 16th September 2020. The International Justice Program of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking graduate and law students to intern in the New York office.
The intern should ideally be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week beginning in late-September to early October 2020. Also, he/she will primarily focus on monitoring international law developments in targeted country situations and researching and drafting papers on issues of international justice. The intern will gain knowledge of international courts and international justice mechanisms and will build skills in legal research, writing, and advocacy.
The intern will learn and be exposed to:
- Conducting legal research;
- Also, analyzing international law;
- Reviewing and documenting media reports on relevant issues;
- Monitoring developments at the International Criminal Court;
- Likewise, conducting policy analysis of ongoing international justice developments;
- Also, identifying and understanding key issues in international justice;
- Compiling case research;
- Furthermore, drafting advocacy-style documents that will be used internally and as a background for advocacy projects
- Likewise, developing greater attention to detail through footnoting and fact-checking;
- Presenting information in a compelling manner in internal drafts; and
- Furthermore, close supervision and evaluation sessions to provide feedback and support.
Qualifications for International Justice Program Internships
- Background in law (either an LLB, LLM, JD, or another relevant law degree);
- Also, enrollment in an accredited, degree-granting graduate or law program for the duration of the internship term;
- Similarly, strong interest in international criminal justice and a demonstrated commitment to human rights and/or international issues is highly desirable;
- Likewise, relevant coursework desirable
- Knowledge of French is a plus; and
- Similarly, computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, internet applications) are essential.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by visiting the online job portal at https://careers.hrw.org and attaching a CV/resume, letter of interest, and a writing sample.