Communication (Graphic Design) Internship FHI 360. FHI 360 calls candidates to apply for the Internship Program in Kenya. The incumbent will perform entry-level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in various functional areas throughout the company.
Following are some of the examples of the duties and functional tasks that the intern will be doing
- Analyse, generates as well as maintains records and other reference material necessary for departmental use.
- Answers and makes phone calls, respond to program-related questions and sends written material as appropriate.
- Composes, types and prints reports, general letters, spreadsheets, e-mail, and memoranda from rough drafts or general instructions, involving the assembly of data from computer and paper files or record sources.
- Applies research techniques and analytical methods to the study of administrative systems, organizational structures, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts special studies in conjunction with a project, analyzes data and makes recommendations based upon studies.
The incumbent will be also liable for the following duties
- Demonstrating a basic understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Using established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviewing data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; also doing tasks with attention to detail.
- Understanding software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Using basic office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information. Similarly, using program-specific terminology.
- Communicating information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Collecting readily available information from official records to drafts e-mails, memos, and other documents.
- Performing other things like proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting and also providing answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately.
In addition, incumbent might need to perform other various duties whenever necessary.
The candidate must have the following qualifications and experiences to be eligible for this internship position at FHI 360 in Kenya
- Associate’s Degree or it’s International Equivalent in a Related Field. In addition to that, 0-2 years of the college experience in a related field of study.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English as well as the ability to speak a foreign language is a plus.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) is a non-profitable humanitarian organization with headquarter in North Carolina. Since its establishment in 1971, it has been serving more than 70 countries to upgrade health standards. Basically, this organization works to prevent several infectious and chronic diseases. However, it has been fighting to prevent HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, etc since its first day of operation.