Key Responsibilities The Internship of Data Scientist :
The Office of the Chief Statistician seeks a full-stack Data Scientist with excellent AI, ML, and data lifecycle management skills. The position is based at the Bank’s headquarters in Washington, DC. The key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with a diverse, international team to identify opportunities for AI and machine learning interventions in development projects.
- Assess and develop open-source tools and methodologies to solve complex challenges related to poverty alleviation and economic development.
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, including NLP and predictive analytics, to extract insights from extensive datasets.
- Explore generative AI and prompt engineering for structured data extraction from unstructured data.
- Contribute to developing and assessing tools and methods for nowcasting and forecasting, in close collaboration with economists, statisticians, and subject-matter specialists.
- Contribute to developing and assessing tools and methods for data fusion, with a particular focus on integrating geospatial data with survey and census microdata.
- Foster partnerships with external stakeholders and experts to drive innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure data quality and ethical considerations in all AI and ML projects; participate in reviews and assessments of World Bank practice.
- Contribute to developing and delivering specialized ML, AI, and advanced data analytics training programs.
You may also appreciate: Political Affairs Officer Internship at United Nations
- Strong data analysis skills, preferably with experience working with socio-economic and geospatial data (satellite imagery).
- Proven AI and machine learning expertise, with experience in NLP, deep learning, large language models, and predictive analytics.
- Knows the “under-the-hood” of ML models and can troubleshoot as needed.
- Adapt existing AI and ML models and methods to applications relevant to development data.
- Working experience in information retrieval, relevance optimization, entity recognition, and recommendation systems is preferred.
- Strong commitment to quality, transparency, and openness.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn new methods quickly.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to present technical issues to non-experts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in an international and interdisciplinary environment.
- Commitment to the mission of poverty alleviation and economic development.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of another international language may be an advantage but is not required.
- Willingness to move to Washington D.C. The position will require frequent formal and informal interaction with teams across the World Bank. Only candidates ready to move to Washington D.C. should apply).
- Candidates are requested to provide a link to their GitHub repository, project portfolio, and other relevant materials supporting their application in their cover letter or CV (please provide full explicit URL).
To ensure consideration, please submit your Data Scientist internship application before the October 17, 2023, 11:59 pm UTC deadline.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!