The non-profitable organization Translators Without Borders calls candidates to apply for the internship position on Community & Recruitment. The internship placement will be in any one of the remote locations where the organization is serving. The internship will be six months long where the intern will be responsible to serve 20 to 40 hours a week as per their availability. This six-month placement will be an opportunity for candidates to gain valuable experience within a thriving international non-profit organization.
The Community & Recruitment Intern will perform the following duties
- Maintaining effective communication with volunteer translators, ensuring that translators remain engaged and have a clear understanding of expectations.
- Assisting with volunteer translator recruitment, both strategically as well as in response to the crisis.
- Similarly, assisting the Community Management team in processing volunteer translator applications, coordinating translator testing and ensuring that various volunteer community programs run smoothly;
- Carrying out administrative tasks, data entry, and data collection.
- Also, handle other community management tasks as assigned.
- Acting in the best interest of the organization during the internship period.
- Furthermore, performing other duties as required.
- Current enrollment in or recently graduated from a University degree program (preferred degree in translation, communication, or a related field)
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written. In addition to that, knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Also, strong communication skills, with a particular focus on intercultural contexts;
- Able to adapt to new technologies and learn new skills quickly.
- Reliable and flexible and has the ability to uphold the Core Values of the organization.
- Previous experience in translation and/or interpreting (internships and volunteering are considered valid experiences) is an advantage;
- Similarly, previous experience working with non-profit organizations is an advantage;
- Furthermore, familiarity with technology (with a special focus on translation and/or data entry tools) a plus.
January 19, 2020, is the last day to submit an application for this Community & Recruitment Internship position in Translators Without Borders.
Follow the official website for more information.
About Translators Without Borders
The Translators without Borders operate to provide people access to vital knowledge in their language through translation and interpreting, building language translation capacity at a local level, providing translation and simplification services that are culturally appropriate, accessible and open-source, and raising awareness globally of language barriers.